Peacocks Pocket Road - Still Closed

Friday, May 7, 2010

Peacocks Pocket Road is still closed for repairs and according to the person we talked to at the Wildlife Refuge, they don't anticipate it opening for at least another couple of weeks.

Being somewhat disappointed learning about the closure from my wife, we decided to fish a couple of our spots on Shiloh Road this evening before sunset.

We spotted several large redfish in the shallows chasing baitfish, but because of the time restraint, decided to go straight to our "trout hole".

My wife used her standard shrimp and Cajun Thunder rig, and I started off with a white Creme paddletail soft bait.



Karen lost two trout as soon as she started fishing with the shrimp.

Evidently the trout weren't interested in a white minnow because I never got a hit. So, I switched to a hammered gold Bagly 3" spoon and missed two fish.

After several casts, I downsized to a Gator 2 1/2" gold spoon, and promptly hooked and released four slot sized trout; the largest measured in at 19".

As the wind died down, I decided to try a black and silver "Chug Bug".

The first cast with the topwater lure netted another nice trout of about 18", and two casts later, I picked up a second smaller trout in the same area.

I stayed with the top water plug for two more fish and decided to head for home.

I just came in from Columbia, S.C. and the drive is a killer on your back!



Here are some pics of the fish and one of the most beautiful sunsets Karen and I have seen in a long while.

Hope you enjoy them!

Till next time, Tight Lines!

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: