Space X ISS Supply Launch

Saturday, May 4, 2019

Went down to the river this morning to check out the Space X ISS Supply Launch that was rescheduled yesterday.

There were relatively few people along the shoreline so it was easy to grab a parking spot and a place to view the launch.

I got down there with five minutes to spare and took the video below of the launch and recovery of the booster.


The launch went off without a hitch and since I was already up I decided to check out the fishing piers to see how many people were shrimping.

When I got there, I was surprised to see how many people were shrimping at 3:00 am.

The lower fishing pier was the most crowded this evening and most everyone  had varying amounts of shrimp in their buckets.

The people on the upper fishing pier were not doing as well as the shrimpers on the lower pier which was surprising to me because the upper pier is usually more productive.


A few of the sport shrimpers had a second bucket for blue crabs that they were dipping up as they drifted by in the current.


I don't believe they bothered to read the fishing regulations for blue crab, anyway, the shrimping this evening was slow and the speckled sea trout were eating more shrimp than the shrimpers were dipping up.


I took a few videos of the fish in several areas (above).  

Almost every submerged light had schools of sea trout over the lights which is probably why the shrimpers were not loading up their buckets.

After talking to several of the shrimpers about the "run" or lack of a significant "run", I decided to pack it in for the night.

Till next time,
Tight Lines

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: