Fishing The Causeway

Sunday, May 12, 2019

Although we had bad weather in Mobile this morning, I decided to get out and try fishing the causeway for a couple of hours this afternoon and to see what was going on.


I took a cooler full of ice and the leftover shrimp I had for bait yesterday and headed for the tunnel to fish the causeway around battleship park.

The wind was blowing steady and it rained lightly but the temperature was in the 70s and all in all it was a nice day to be on the water.




I pulled up to an empty spot near the restaurants and put out two of my Penn Fierce II spinning outfits baited with large shrimp.

I'd like to report that I caught a mess of fish but for almost two hours I sat around watching the rods without ever getting a bite.  

The only action I had was from the blue crabs that were hacking the shrimp to pieces.

I was berating myself for not going back to the spot I fished yesterday at Dauphin Island, but it was too late to make the drive and after two hours of having wind in my face, I was ready to head to the hacienda.

Hope to get out sometime next week.   Maybe the fish will be more accommodating.

Till next time,
Tight Lines.




0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: