Catching Big Drum

Saturday, May 18, 2019

Aubrey was catching big drum yesterday in Heron Bay and when he sent me the pics I just had to post them for you to enjoy.

Dauphin Island has a ton of good fishing areas if you bother to make the rounds and find them and since I've been working in this area, I managed to find one or two where anglers can fish from the bank.

Aubrey and his fishing buddy caught these in Heron Bay while fishing from a kayak in the same area I fished last weekend.



The big black drum above was about 40 pounds and was caught on an outgoing tide using blue crab for bait.

The fish below were also caught mostly on blue crab in the same general area.


The flounder in the pic below was caught by Kyle, Aubrey's friend, on a "bull minnow" which is what we call a "mud minnow" in our area.   The redfish in the back was also caught by Kyle on a finger mullet.


The redfish in the front and below was caught by Aubrey on a live croaker that was about 6" long.  A great bait in this area as well as in the Mosquito Lagoon.,


After seeing these fish I plan to get out over the weekend to see what I can dredge up from Heron Bay.

Till next time,
Tight Lines.

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: