Halloween Redfish? Or Not!

Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Halloween Redfish were out in the Lagoon in mass, but  they suffered from a severe case of lockjaw.

Now I know why fishing is called fishing, and not catching......

This weekend, it seemed like the curse of the fish gods was upon me.

I couldn't hook a redfish if my life depended on it, and there were plenty around.  It's not like the fish weren't there... they were, but with the clear water conditions, and a severe case of lockjaw every time I got close to them, they just weren't biting my offerings.

Fishing the Indian River Friday and Saturday evenings, proved to be a futile effort in catching. 

My wife, my wonder dog Elmo, and yours truly, managed to dredge up only a few catfish and stingrays. 
We didn't technically get skunked; we seldom do, but the redfish we were targeting, weren't cooperating worth a flip.

I saw several slot reds within casting distance, but they weren't interested in any of my offerings.

DOA shrimp, gold Johnson spoons, chug bugs, jerk baits, and even dead shrimp didn't produce any action.

The weather was extraordinarily great for Halloween, with a full moon and a nice breeze on the water; the lagoon was just beautiful.

The weather should be changing in the next few weeks, and shrimping will be the focus as the water temps drop.

The locals are concerned about the bridge construction, hampering the shrimping activities, but it's a little early to worry about it. 

I guess we'll find out in the next few weeks.

Till next time, Good Luck and Tight Lines!

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: