Late November Fishing

Saturday, November 28, 2009

I went to check out the Shuttle landing hoping to get a nice video to post, but I couldn't get my Nikon on the right settings fast enough.  All I could capture was the last part of the descent, as the shuttle came in to the right of the Vehicle Assembly Building.  In any event, it was an impressive landing on a beautiful crisp Fall morning.   Here's the only shot I got.



The double sonic booms definitely get your attention.

The water level is up in the marsh areas and shallows of the North Indian River, and the water is crystal clear throughout the areas I visited.

There are some large schools of redfish still roaming the flats earlier in the day, and they seem to be partial to anything resembling a finger mullet.

My wife is still having good luck using large dead shrimp for bait, and I've been told that .

I haven't had much luck with sea trout on the artificials that were producing well for me last month, but because of the closed season, I really haven't targeted them all that much.

The fish that have been caught and released are generally larger, and were caught on darker Gulp baited, white jig heads.  Other good trout offerings this time of the year are natural colored Gulp shrimp and DOA clear body shrimp w/green tail, or reddish brown colors.

Due to the lower water temperatures, the trout and redfish seem more interested in slower retrieves.

I tried my favorite top water lures, ChugBugs and SkitterWalks, but never got a hit.

The cooler temps should heat up the fishing in the upcoming weeks and give better shots at tailing redfish.

The mullet will be gone from the Mosquito & North Indian River Lagoon systems as winter conditions prevail, and shrimp, small crabs, or lures that resemble them will be the baits of choice for winter redfish.

Looking forward to some good fishing.

Tight Lines!

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: