Indian River Shrimping Is Right Around The Corner

Saturday, November 21, 2009

With the water temperatures in the Titusville, Fl. area getting a bit cooler, some of the locals have already started the ritual of cleaning out their freezers, to make room for their upcoming shrimping catches.

Shrimping should start really getting better as the full moon approaches, and when the water temperatures hit the magic 67 degree figure.

I previously described what's necessary to get started shrimping from land; and when I ran across this little video that explains nicely how its done by boat; I decided to put it up for your viewing.

The lights that they use, are also widely used by bridge and dock shrimpers, and the green color, definitely makes everything much more visible topside.



I made a personal vow this year to get out and do a little more shrimping instead of tryig to snag the Bull Redfish and seatrout that also come into the green lights to gorge on the shrimp.

The last time I went shrimping was with my neighbor on his pontoon boat in Oak Hill on the ICW.

When the tide changed and the current started moving, we loaded up the 5 gallon buckets in very short order.

Hummm! Makes me hungry.

Till next time.

Tight Lines To All!

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: