Windy Conditions

Saturday, April 30, 2022

Got out this afternoon to see if the bite in the refuge was as good as reported but with the windy conditions, fishing my favorite topwater baits was pretty much an effort in futility. 


After driving over 500 miles from North Carolina, I was tired but had expectations of catching at least a few sea trout.  As it turned out, the bite left a lot to be desired.

The wind was blowing in from the East causing a chop on the water.  I started tossing a Skitterwalk around but quickly switched over to a Chug Bug that was easier to fish.

After tossing the Chug Bug around for a half hour or so in various "fishy looking" spots, I had only one hit from a small sea trout for my efforts.

I switched to rod with a Creme paddletail bait and started getting hits almost immediately.

For the next hour or so, I hooked into three keeper trout on the grass flats which I promptly released.  


Along the shallow ditch leading into the first pond heading towards Peacocks Pocket road, I hooked and released two small "rat" redfish before I decided to head back to the house and scarf up some dinner.


On the way out of the refuge, I snapped a few pics of the sunset that I miss when working up in North Carolina.


Till next time, Tight Lines.

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: