Monday Scouting Trip

Monday, April 4, 2022

Despite the windy conditions, Monday afternoon seemed like a good time to check out the refuge to see if anybody was catching fish.


Driving into the Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge, I was surprised at the number of people viewing the wildlife.   

Several visitors with out of state tags were driving around the area, but only two groups of anglers were on the banks fishing.

As I entered the area, I took several pics of the waterfowl.




The roseatte spoonbills were out in force along with a ton of egrets, wood storks, ibis, herons, and ducks that I could not identify.

I had one spinning rod with me today with a Skitterwalk tied on, but the wind was not really conducive to topwater fishing.  

I tossed the new Skitterwalk that I bought around the shallow weed beds, but it was apparent that the fish weren't interested in surface baits.  After tossing the bait into the wind in all my favorite spots, I finally decided to give it up and head for the hacienda.

On the way out of the refuge I took a couple of pics of the sunset which I never get tired of.





Hope to get out tomorrow with more tackle,

Till next time,
Tight Lines.


0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: