Beacon 42 Scouting Trip

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Odie and Elmo were driving me crazy this afternoon so I decided to take them for a ride up to Shiloh Road to see if any tarpon were in the creeks.

They almost ran me over getting into the truck and immediately got into their cruising mode all the way up to the entrance of Shiloh Road.



When I crossed the bridge and made the turn into the unimproved dirt road, there were "men working" signs at the entrance.

I drove past the signs to talk to one of the guys who happened to be the supervisor for the work crew and asked him about what was going on.

He said that they were working on repairing the hurricane damage and widening the road.  They started at the Patillo Creek entrance to Shiloh Road and were over half way finished with their work.  Now they were completing it and were starting work at the Northern entrance.

He told me that they had just completed work on Bio Lab road and after I asked about Peacocks Pocket road, he said that there were discussions about it.

I thanked him for the information and although he said I could fish the first set of culverts, I decided to head back the "long way" and check out some other areas.

The dogs were enjoying their ride so I decided to drive into the Beacon 42 boat ramp and check it out.

There was only one trailer parked in the area and I was surprised to see that they had improved the ramp and added an aluminium walkway.

The last time I launched my Maverick here, I almost couldn't pull the boat back out.  The concrete bed was a mess and if you didn't load the boat in the middle, getting out was a 50/50 proposition.



I took some pics and let the guys out to run around for awhile before leaving the area.

I decided to head home but wanted to check out Catfish Creek Loop on the way so I took the long route and pulled into Gator Creek to make the run around the loop.

Nobody was fishing and the air temperature was in the low 90's so I understood why.


I took some pics of the area and a friendly Osprey before heading home and calling it a day.

May go out tomorrow.
Till then
Tight Lines

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: