Pond Gator

Friday, October 4, 2019

When my wife called me last week and said that there was a gator in our koi pond, I didn't think much about it when she said it was only a couple of feet long.

She was afraid that it would eat our fish but because our koi are all over two feet long, I told her to leave it alone and wait until I got home to catch and relocate it.

When I got home, the gator was more like 3 feet plus long, and it seemed to like it's new home.

Karen said it had grown accustomed to eating the koi food she was feeding our fish. 

It sat on the bank until I got a net to catch it and immediately disappeared into the pond.

The other day when Karen was cleaning out the overflow, we found where the gator was hiding.  It crunched itself into the overflow and almost bit my wife when she pulled off the lid.   She was very very lucky.

Anyway, we managed to net the gator and put it in the back of a steel trailer until we could transport it to another location.

We finally agreed to move it to Fox Lake where a ton of other gators reside.

I put it in the bed of my pickup in the net and eventually released it into the tanin stained water of Fox Lake where it will have to start hunting for it's dinner.


I thought I had a video of the release, but it was deleted so here is the only pic I have left of the critter.

Tight Lines.

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: