Playalinda Beach In October

Monday, October 28, 2019

Playalinda Beach in October can be productive for Pompano when the water temperatures drop, but with the weather we have been enjoying so far, the sea has not been cool enough to get the larger schools moving out of the river to the surf.


Regardless, I decided to take a ride down to the beach after my dentist appointment to see if anybody was catching fish.

I didn't expect a lot of people at the beach, but I was dead wrong.  Evidently, Monday was seniors day and most of the lots had at least a few cars parked.  

Lot #1 had a senior tour bus parked in the lot so I didn't bother stopping there.



Click On Pic Below


I stopped at lots #7, #8, and #10 and saw anglers fishing at all three areas.

The guys were catching whiting and juvenile black drum on sand fleas and clam flavored Fishbites.

I took a few pics at each stop and rode around Eddy Creek to check out the shallow boat launch.



Nobody was fishing on the new pier and only one kayak was out on the lagoon.

I didn't bother fishing any of the areas until I started heading out of the seashore. 

I just had to try my luck along the Vistas to see if I could hook into a juvenile tarpon or two but I struck out at every spot.


It was high noon when I started fishing the Vistas which is probably why I couldn't buy a bite.

When I got to the last small pond just before the ticket booth, I spotted a lot of mullet schooling in the shallows and when I pulled alongside the spot, I saw a nice gator size sea trout busting on a mullet.

Click on Pic Below


I started fishing a Chug Bug smeared up with some Pro-Cure and after wearing out my casting arm, I changed over to a mullet size XPS Slim Dog topwater bait.

I fished around the mullet schools for the next half hour or so and had only one hit which I believe was a large sea trout.

There were definitely fish in the area, but they had a case of lockjaw.   I believe that if I could fish them early in the morning, I would have had better luck.

Anyway, I packed up my rods and headed home for a much needed lunch.

Till next time,
Tight Lines.

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: