SpaceX Falcon 9 Rocket Launch Today

Sunday, December 23, 2018

I got up early this morning to wet a line in the refuge but decided to check out the SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launch today instead.

The "Vespucci" spacecraft launch had been scrubbed a couple of times due to various glitches but after crossing the bridge to the refuge and seeing all the people lined up along the shoreline, I decided to include myself with the throng.

This morning's launch was the first of the upcoming advanced next generation GPS III satellites that will improve GPS accuracy.

I went down to the river yesterday to see the takeoff but it never occurred, so I figured I had nothing to lose sticking around for today's effort.

I parked along the road and picked my spot along the shoreline of the Indian River to wait for the rumble of the two stage SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket, and I'm happy to report I was not disappointed.

The "Vespucci" spacecraft lifted off on schedule this time at 8:51 a.m. EST after almost a solid week of delays.

I didn't bring my trusty Nikon along but I did manage to take a video of the launch below, using my cell phone.


After the launch, I decided to head back home to get some breakfast and give the out of town visitors time to leave the area.

I plan on hitting Patillo Creek this afternoon with the "boys" to dunk a crab or two.  I heard that the black drum were hitting there.

Till next time,
Tight Lines.

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: