Happy Thanksgiving

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving and tight lines to everyone this coming year.


Garfield was patiently waiting for Thanksgiving Day dinner so after stuffing ourselves with turkey, dressing, etc., Karen and I decided to take a ride with Elmo and Odie around the area to see if anybody was catching fish.

It was beautiful weather and a good day to wet a line, but it was getting late in the afternoon and I didn't particularly care to fish with the two dogs in tow.

We decided to hit the beach first to see if any fishermen were after Pompano in the surf.

We drove around Eddy Creek and headed farther north to lot number 12 to check it out first.

There were a couple of cars parked there and a lone fisherman who was leaving as we pulled up.  He told me he was fishing since noon and only had a couple of bites with no hookups.  

He said nobody else was fishing the area so instead of checking out the area, we drove up to the turnaround at lot #13 and headed back south.

I pulled into lot #10 and parked.  Karen stayed in the truck with the "boys" and I walked to the beach to check out the surf.

Except for some Sanderlings scooting along the beach, there was nobody around.


The waves were manageable and the surf looked very fishable.   I spotted a rip and made a mental note to try fishing the spot tomorrow.


After taking a couple more pics I headed back to the truck to check out some more areas.

The beach at Lot #8 was also void of human activity so I decided to head to Haulover Canal and see how the bank fishermen were doing there.

There were a few people at Bair's Cove watching a gaggle of manatees frolicking around near the boat ramp, so I drove around and pulled over at the first open space we could find to let the dogs out for a spell.


The area was loaded with bank fishermen who were after black drum and bull redfish.

As I was taking some pics of the area, several manatees came right up to the bank apparently looking for sea grass to eat.


I took a few pics and a short video before we decided to head for the house.  I didn't bring along any bait or I definitely would have tried fishing the area.

Till next time,
Tight Lines.

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: