Tossing Chug Bugs Into The Wind

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Late Saturday afternoon when I finally decided to hit Peacocks Pocket Road, I didn't expect to be tossing Chug Bugs into the wind but that's exactly what went down.

As I was crossing the Bennett Causeway Bridge I could tell that fishing was going to be a challenge. 

When the windsurfers and para-sailers are having this much of a blast on the North side of the causeway, the fishing usually sucks. 


I pulled over and took a few shots of the action before driving into Peacocks Pocket road but from the strength of the wind gusts, I didn't expect to have a re-run of yesterday's action.

I fished the ponds with Chug Bugs but the wind was causing a lot of problems with my presentation. 

At my second stop, I managed to catch a nice Ladyfish which I kept for bait.  I managed to hook up with a small sea trout but when I got it to the bank it flipped off.

At the next stop, I changed lures and decided to fish a Johnson Sprite.  It was easier to control and was an acceptable bait for a couple of redfish that I spotted in the grass.

The gold spoon, one of my "go to" baits, netted me three sea trout, all about the size of the one below.

After about an hour and a half of tossing Chug Bugs into the wind and later the spoon; I decided to call it a day.

I drove all the way through Peacocks Pocket road and never saw another person.

Maybe God was trying to tell me something?  Anyway, when my wife called and asked me where I was, I was on the way.

Till next time, Tight Lines.

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: