Awesome Sunset

Sunday, January 13, 2013

It was another awesome sunset in central Florida even if the fishing wasn't up to expectations.

To make a long story very very short, fishing in the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge this evening was short of spectacular.

I didn't get out to the river until after 4:00 pm and by the time I netted up a few finger mullet and mud minnows, it was around 4:30 pm before I even wet a line.

I fished a hammered gold spoon, a redfish magic rig, a Chug Bug, mud minnows, live mullet, and even cut bait without getting even a small bite.  Pittiful!!!

I saw some folks in kayaks launch in the Catfish Creek area but they didn't hook up with anything.
  

 

The only other fishermen I talked to had the same luck as I did.  All bad.

Oh well, that's why it's called fishing.

I took these pics of the awesome sunset on the way out.

 

Maybe, next week I'll have better luck and get out earlier.
Till then, Tight Lines.



0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: