The Shuttle Has Left The Pad!

Friday, August 28, 2009

Well the shuttle finally left the pad, and the fish didn't even notice! They're still biting!

Went down to the Indian River Friday evening, near the Max Brewer Bridge construction area, to check out the shuttle launch and the fishing.

Both came off without a hitch. The shallows on the north side of the causeway were loaded with bait fish that were sometimes flipping right on the bank.

They were being chased unmercifully by large trout and some medium snook. There might have been a redfish in there, but I never got one.

A top water chug bug did the trick until the launch occurred near midnight.

I would have tried other lures, but I grabbed only one rod when I left the house, and the top water was the lure for the night.





Anyway, here is a somewhat out of focus video of the shuttle launch. I didn't bother taking any shots of the trout, but I will tomorrow if my wife and I get to go out. Unfortunately, once the shuttle's off the pad during a night launch, all you get to really see is the UFO like white light.

It's much better seeing one in person!

Till then, tight lines to all!

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: