OOPs She Did It Again!

Friday, July 3, 2009


Well, She did it again!

My wife and I tried for some Indian River Tarpon, and got some trout instead. Just like last time, hers was the biggest!

Being the glutton for punishment that I am, I decided to try again for the tarpon that just won't bite, in the far north portion of the lagoon. Lockjaw must be the trend up here.

We went in from the southern entrance way to Shiloh road, and met only one other fisherman all the time we were out on the river.

The weather was beautiful, the mosquitoes were out in mass, and the fish were biting. Except for the damn tarpon!

The culverts were open from the marsh side, and with the flowing water moving the baitfish around, the fish were following.

We spotted several large redfish, trout, and tarpon on both sides of the trail, but only had success with the trout.





As the title indicates, my wife caught another large, "sub gator" trout on her favorite setup; a "Billy Bay"popping gurgle bobber with a large, fresh dead shrimp below.

I on the other hand continued on my quest to subdue a tarpon with artificials.



Although I caught several trout, smaller than my wife's, I could not for the life of me get the damn tarpon to eat my bait. I wore my arm out casting top waters, swim baits, jerkbaits, and Ieven tried a large shrimp with no success.



The scenery was phenominal, as you can see by the short videos and photos, and the fishing was
great except for the tarpon.





July 4th. is another story to tell, if we go out again. Until then, tight lines!

Oh, by the way, her trout was over 20 inches.


0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: