Endeavour Shuttle Launch

Saturday, July 11, 2009

This morning's beautiful daybreak was bright and cloudless, however my planned fishing excursion to the Mosquito Lagoon was thwarted by the Endeavour shuttle launch scheduled for 7:39 p.m. ET.

Here is a collage of shuttle shots that might be of interest.



I had planned to fish "whale's tail" , one of my favorite spots in the southern part of the lagoon, to pick up some of the large gator trout that are still mauling the baitfish pods but forgot about the area being off limits before and just after a launch.

Late Friday evening, my wife and I drove down to the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge to get in some culvert fishing before dark, but were turned away at the entrance by the KSC officers that were closing off the area for the launch.

I totally forgot about it until this morning when I was setting up the boat.

If all goes well, the launch will allow the areas to be opened tomorrow, however NASA officials estimated only a 40 per cent chance for Endeavour's planned lift off. Thunderstorms are threatening this evening's launch which is already running a month past due.

We may go out this afternoon to get in a bit of fishing but with the storm activity will probably get some work done around the home front.

Hope you guys get some fishing in, and until next time; tight lines!

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: