Marsh Fishing

Thursday, July 23, 2009

The weather this afternoon has been in the high 80s and the wind almost non existent in the North Indian River marsh areas.

The shuttle launch and space station rendezvous has the Shiloh Road area closed to the public.

For me that's too bad; I'm still after my elusive tarpon that simply hate my offerings!

My wife and I jump fished the other open areas and picked up some trout, and probably the smallest redfish I caught all year.


The trout I picked up were larger than the red, but who's measuring!

This outing wasn't memorable like our prior treks turned out to be, however the fish were biting on spoons, jerkbaits, and dead shrimp.



The weather late in the afternoons has been stormy for the most part and the fishing has generally been quite good. Today was no exception, but the fish could have been bigger.

Until next time, tight lines!

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: