A Missile Launch And A Gator Trout In One Outing!

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Went back to the north end of the Indian River Lagoon to try for some juvenile tarpon that I couldn't get to eat yesterday.

On the way in, I netted some large finger mullet, and a small ladyfish, for some insurance against fish that hate artificial lures.


As sure as the sun rises, I didn't see one blessed tarpon!

Instead I got an unplanned video of a satellite launch that was supposed to go yesterday, but was rescheduled due to weather conditions.


My wife and I tried everything to get something to bite and had absolutely no luck until we moved farther south.




We hit a stretch where some large snook were busting up on bait fish. My artificials were not doing me any good, so I tied on a lively 6" finger mullet. After about five minutes, something took my mullet in the small canal, and kept on going, only to spit it out.

That was the last bite I had all afternoon! I guess I just wasn't holding my mouth right.

On the last stop, my wife tied on a dead shrimp under a Cajun Thunder rig, and I kept on chucking my artificials. Well the results are below.



She caught a hefty 24" almost gator trout. I'm holding up the respectable fish because my wife suddenly got camera shy. To make a long story short; I still didn't get another bite all day.

Well I guess that's why they call it fishing and not catching!

I might try again tomorrow after I mow the lawn.

Tight lines to you all!

1 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!:

Leeuna said...

Wow. That's impressive. The fish was pretty cool too. LOL.

It sure was a beautiful day for the launch.