Shrimping On The Titusville Pier

Saturday, December 21, 2019

When I got home late Friday afternoon, the first thing I did was pack Elmo, Odie, and my wife into the truck to take a trip around the refuge and see if anybody was catching any fish.

We spotted plenty of waterfowl but only one person who was actually fishing around Catfish Creek Loop, and he was only catching an occasional catfish.

  
I stopped briefly to talk with Don who was from Colorado about the fishing and we shared a few stories before moving along.  He said the redfish were not hitting lately.

After making the rounds we headed home and after a brisk walk around the block, I decided to check out the shrimping on the Titusville pier.

I got there a little after 7:30 pm and the air temperature was 63 degrees.  A light wind was causing a slight chop on the water and I was surprised to see only three or four people shrimping.





The first lady I spoke with said the shrimping was picking up but it was still early in the season.  She had a few in the sock of her net but had just started so I moved on to check out the other sport shrimpers.

Nobody was netting a lot of shrimp but the sea trout and redfish over the lights seemed to be eating just fine.

I took a few pics of the area and tried to catch a couple of the larger redfish on a video (click below) but by the time I got focused, they were gone.


I hit the upper pier and the one person who was shrimping there had about the same amount as the lady on the lower pier.

The shrimp were large, but not plentiful yet.

I took a few more pics before heading home and calling it a night.

Till next time,
Tight Lines.

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: