Haulover Misses

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Went down to Haulover Canal to fish for some of the bull redfish that are in there right now and wound up breaking my favorite spinning outfit on the rocks.

I managed to slip on a step down coquina outcropping and it was either break a bone or the rod.

 Needless to say, I'm too old to suffer any broken bones so the rod suffered.

Fortunately, I just got the email link below about Bass Pro Shops Annual Clearance Sale with Up to 70% off and free shipping over $50.

The sale already started 12/26/2019 and ends 1/8/2020.


I picked up another graphite spinning rod and a Penn Fierce II baitrunner outfit which should be here before I have to get back to work in Mobile, Al next week.

I fished the canal for about an hour and a half with a smaller outfit that was spooled with 10 pound Cajun Red and had two hits on sections of live blue crab.

The first fish broke off on the coquina rocks after about  a minute or so, and the second fish took off up the canal towards the bridge pilings and also got off.

I usually spool up with 30 to 65 pound Power Pro to handle the bruisers, but I left those rods at the house.

It was chilly on the water today so after losing the second fish I decided to head for the house and try again tomorrow with some heavier tackle.

Till next time,
Tight Lines and have a Happy New Year...........


0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: