Titusville Fishing Piers

Saturday, January 26, 2019

Although the two Titusville fishing piers this evening were virtually devoid of sport shrimpers and fishermen, I decided to stop and see what was being caught.

The weather today was pretty windy and a cold front was in the works but after catching up on some paperwork for work, I decided to make a quick run around East Gator Creek Road to see if anybody was out fishing.

I left the house as it was getting dark and as I crossed the bridge across the Indian River, it was obvious that very few anglers were dunking baits.

The air temperature was 54 degrees F and there was a North wind blowing across the water when I got to my first spot.

I stopped and made several fan casts around the area with a gold Johnson Sprite spoon and a "baby bass" pattern Chug Bug without even one followup.

As it got dark I drove up to the barriers at Peacocks Pocket Road and Catfish Creek Loop to turn around.   I planned to shoot a few casts around the area, but the wind made it too problematic.

I slowly drove back to the main road and as I drove towards the A. Max Brewer bridge, I decided to check on the progress being made at the boat launch.



Canaveral Construction is doing the job and the sign says should be completed by May.

I took a couple of pics and decided to check out the two Titusville fishing piers before heading home.

As I pulled into a parking spot I noticed that very few anglers or shrimpers were on the piers.  Most everyone was enjoying a cold brew or a nice dinner at the Pier 220 Seafood & Grill restaurant.


The four groups of people that I spoke with at the lower pier were setting out their shrimp lights and all reported less than stellar luck with the shrimping. 

The wind was making waves and the waves were making it difficult spotting shrimp this evening.

I made my way to the upper fishing pier and took a short video of the area.


Just as I got to where a gentleman was fighting a nice fish, my cell phone battery went dead and I was unable to get a picture of his catch, a nice black drum of at least 20 pounds or so.  

The drum looked looked like it was around 34 inches or so long, but it had a nice pot belly.

He caught the fish one a piece of shrimp and didn't even know the fish was on until it got tangled in his shrimp lights.


After landing the fish, an onlooker was kind enough to text me the above picture he took of the guy's fish.

It was getting too cold for me to stick around and no one was netting large amounts of shrimp, so I decided to head home for a cup of java and snuggle up the the television.

I may get out tomorrow to wet a line around Shiloh Road.

Till next time,
Tight Lines.


0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: