Port St. Joe Bottom Fishing Trip

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Recently I posted some pics of the catch that Craig and Mary made on their trip to Charlotte Harbor, so I thought I'd post a few more of their recent "Red Snapper Harvest" to Port St. Joe, Fl.

Craig's emailed me that

"We went on our annual Red Snapper Harvest.   Our freezer looks much better full of vacuum packed Snapper.

We chartered out of Port St Joe with Fishin Express.   It’s a big party boat.   We fished a couple days and limited each day on some decent fish. Nothing really big. We used live Pins and frozen squid when the pins ran out.

Some spots the snapper would kill our pins and not eat them.  Other spots, it was fish on as soon as the bait hit the bottom.

We did tangle with some nice Amber Jack. Seasons closed on them so back over the side they went.

At the cleaning station we did see some very nice baskets of snapper and grouper come in from the longer rang boats.

I have included a couple pics. I will send a few more as we got some great pics.

You should try it.   Its not far from I-10 if your still working west of us."



 

 

 

 The sunset of the marina is absolutely awesome!



I've never fished the area, but from the looks of it I may take a day vacation and give Port St. Joe fishing a try the next time I head toward Mobile, Al.

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: