Boynton Inlet Fishing

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Boynton Inlet was on the agenda for Saturday, so I tried to get some fishing in on Friday evening after driving home from Vidalia, Ga.

On Friday evening, it was almost dark when I got home from work, so my wife and I didn't get much fishing time in.

We hit two spots about half way through Peacocks Pocket road, but it was really too windy to do any serious fishing.

Karen was using dead shrimp for bait and I spent my time casting a beat up Bagley gold spoon into the wind at both stops.

I missed two sea trout both in the marsh canal and saw one redfish that spooked when I made a bad cast on top of it's head.

Karen missed a couple of sea trout at the same spot, but the wind was so brisk that she really couldn't tell when the fish were biting.

 Saturday, we planned to drive down to Ft. Lauderdale and pick up some much needed Koi food from a wholesaler friend of mine so Karen and I decided to get a hot and ready Pizza for dinner and head for home.

After picking up three cases of Koi pellets, we decided to stop by Boynton Inlet to see if anyone was catching snook or snapper off the pier.

 









The waves and wind made fishing from the long pier a challenge which is probably why there were hardly any fishermen around. 

 



 The short pier had a few guys trying for snapper but from what I could see, no one was doing any real catching.

I took some pics and this short video showing why the fishermen were AWOL.


We didn't get home early enough to get to do any fishing this evening but hopefully tomorrow I'll remedy the situation.

Till next time, tight lines.

2 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the report. I fished Peacocks Pocket in the morning (around 8-9) with no luck, the canals seemed promising but they showed no love. We tried live shrimp and flukes, do you have any favorite spots around that road? By the way, it was my first time fishing the marsh.

John Neila said...

My wife and I fished Peacocks Pocket late Sunday afternoon. She was using jumbo frozen shrimp and I used a variety of artificial baits, mostly gold spoons and top water Zara Spook.

I missed several smaller sea trout on the top water and a slot redfish on the gold spoon. Karen missed a small trout but other than that had little luck.

This weekend the water in the marsh canal was down and the vehicle traffic is what probably has been putting the fish down.

Hope next weekend is better.