Friday Evening Picture Outing

Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday evening seemed to be a good time for a picture outing after a trying work week and a 4 1/2 hour drive home.

Karen and I packed up a couple of rods, just in case, along with Elmo our "wonder dog" and headed for the nearest water.

Catfish Creek loop and several other areas in the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge provided plenty of photo opportunities as well as a shot at a sea trout or redfish for dinner.

The scenery was picture perfect and there are at this time of the year, tons of different types of waterfowl in the area.



I took several short videos and pics before deciding to try our luck at any fishing. Hope you enjoy these.







It was late so we just "jump fished" the marsh canals.

I fished primarily D.O.A. CAL Jerkbaits and Creme Paddletail lures in several colors and only got two bites and one nice sea trout that I returned to fight another day.

My wife fished with old dead shrimp and only picked up a blue crab for her efforts.

The area was loaded with visitors and the fish were spooky. Only one person I spoke with caught a redfish which he said measured out at 24".

We weren't so lucky and after getting bitten by too many swamp mosquitoes, we both decided to head for home and some dinner other than fish.

On the way out we saw this poor guy pushing his boat out of way too shallow water. I can't laugh about it too much since I've been there a couple of times myself without a push pole.



Hope to get out tomorrow after doing some chores.

Till then,

Tight Lines.


0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: