Shiloh Road Fishing Trip

Sunday, June 13, 2010

After a dismal fishing trip on Saturday around Peacocks Pocket Road, my wife and I decided to try out Shiloh Marsh road near the "bubble gum" machine (as my wife calls it). See the pic.



The Peacocks Pocket area on Saturday proved to be pretty bad. The water was dead calm on both sides of the road, and I completely gave up on my artificial lures.

Karen and I caught one catfish each on dead shrimp for bait. I never got a hit on any of the artificial baits I tried all day.

Today was a bit better. We fished one of our tried and true areas around a culvert where the water was moving, and stayed in the area until dusk.

My wife and Elmo, missed a few fish on shrimp and finally landed a nice slot sized sea trout.



I stayed with a Skitter Walk top water plug and later switched to a CAL paddle tail bait.

I got several hits on a black and silver flecked CAL paddle tail bait and finally landed a 20" seatrout.



At about 8:00 the fish were getting active and aggresive. I missed five trout on the Skitter Walk and finally landed one that measured in at 25".

I missed one redfish on the same bait, but couldn't get any of the other redfish I spotted to take a lure.

As the skeeters started sucking my blood; we decided to head home and enjoy a video.

Till next time, Tight Lines.

P.S. To Victor and his friends. I'm still a beginner, I just like to practice a lot!
Never stop trying, that's why it's called fishing and not CATCHING!

1 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!:

andysandy said...

haha, thanks for the words of wisdom. we're still trying to find a good spot out there on the reserve, we practically there every weekend.

We've never had the chance for reds yet but we've managed some drum and sheeps.

thanks for all the posts, we're all readers! see you on the reserve.

-andrew