Peacocks Pocket Fishing

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Got some positive MRI results this morning from my Dr. in Savannah, Ga. He discovered that my rotator cuff muscle was just severely bruised, and not torn as he originally suspected; which means NO surgery.

To celebrate my good fortune and to keep my shoulder active with a bit of "fishing therapy"; Karen and Elmo decided to take me on a late afternoon fishing jaunt.

The closest place was Peacocks Pocket road, so we headed out with high hopes.

The weather was beautiful with a light breeze on the Lagoon.

On the way into our fishing spot, we only encountered one other vehicle parked at the canoe launch.

I parked the truck and pitched a dead shrimp out to a swirl I saw on the Indian River side of the unimproved road, hoping to get the attention of the redfish, and my wife did the same in a shallow cove down the trail.

I personally don't like bait fishing in this area because of the by catch of rays, catfish, etc. but with a bum shoulder, I had to take it easy.

We watched a pair of kayakers, which were probably from the parked truck we saw at the canoe launch, doing their thing.



They were definitely rigged out for fishing and looked like they knew what they were doing.




I had a couple of half hearted bites on the shrimp and finally caught a small sea trout. I put on another shrimp and let it set on the bottom in another spot and pulled out my other spinning rod loaded with a funky colored paddle tail jig.

After a couple of casts, I picked up another trout and missed three more. All were just under the slot limit and were released to fight another day.

My wife Karen wasn't doing too well. She had several bites but no fish which is really unusual for her. Normally, she out fishes me!

Anyway, after catching a scrappy catfish on my other shrimp baited rod, we decided to pack it in and pick up the prescription for the new pain pills that my Dr. ordered for me.

The other pain pills he gave me, turned me into more of a babbling idiot than I usually am and screwed up my ability to catch fish. I'm convinced of that!



Anyway, we headed out into the beautiful sunset hoping to have a better day tomorrow!

Until then, Tight Lines!

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: