Peacocks Pocket Fishing

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Peacocks Pocket road was our destination this Friday evening.

The weather was beautiful and the scenery was fantastic as usual in the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge.

Getting a late afternoon start with my wife and Elmo, our wonder dog proved to be just the ticket to success.

We only saw two other vehicles on the road the entire time we fished the area which I thought was extremely unusual for this beautiful a day.

My wife was using her Cajun Thunder bobber rig with dead shrimp as usual, and I was doing about the same.

I screwed up my rotator muscle on my casting shoulder so I couldn't use the artificial lures I'm so fond of using in this area.

I chucked out one rod with a large dead shrimp on it that I could have eaten for dinner and started casting a Skitter Walk in trout color with my other rod at surfacing trout.

Karen, as usual caught the first fish. It was a 25" drum that put up a decent fight on her light tackle.


I missed 4 or 5 fish before I caught a catfish that acted like a small redfish.

I for once in my life had to settle for sitting on the bank watching the water. My shoulder was killing me and I didn't want to aggravate it any more than I already had.

We enjoyed the evening and that was about all. I kept missing fish on dead shrimp, and Karen caught a stingray and missed two other fish she thought were reds before we called it a day.

Nothing like trying to fish with hydrocodone to kill the pain. Evidently it also makes you miss the fish.

Until I get my shoulder fixed, I'll probably not have much to offer here in the way of personal outings. But, have no fear...... I will fish again!

Till Next Time, Tight Lines!

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: