Fishing Bobcat Bay

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Late Saturday, with the temperatures in the 60's, my wife and Elmo our wonder dog, decided to go fishing and asked me along.

Being the avid fisherman that I am, we decided on the Lagoon for some redfish action.

The wind was whipping, and the conditions were far from great, but even so there were a lot of people fishing the Indian River.  I guess everyone was glad to get some fresh air after the family Christmas get togethers.

I used gold spoons of several types to try to lure a redfish, but only wound up with two legal sized trout.
Since the season is still closed in East Central Florida, I put them both back in to catch another day.

My wife was using her tried and true shrimp for bait and wound up catching a few catfish.

Just as we decided to leave for the comfort of our nice warm home, Karen finally broke her dry spell and





landed a nice slot sized redfish.

The picture is here for your enjoyment.

It's been a good December for fishing the Lagoons.  The water is crystal clear, and the fish are biting when not spooked.

Hope to be out on the water next week.

Till then, Tight Lines!

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: