Almost Skunked!

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Today' late afternoon trip, netted only one small redfish.

The air temperature was 75 degrees, and the water a bit cooler with balmy conditions.

There was a decent breeze on the water, and the overcast conditions should have made for a great fishing excursion. Unfortunately, no one bothered telling the fish.

My wife and I hit the river late this afternoon; just to get out of the house.

We fished the Indian River north of Peacock Pocket, near a "duck blind" that occasionally produces redfish and some larger trout.

I used gold and silver spoons, gulp shrimp and crabs, a DOA shrimp under a bobber, and several paddle tail lures only to miss two redfish.

When I finally switched to dead shrimp, I caught two catfish and a small trout that was just enough for me to say; I didn't get skunked.

My wife landed a small redfish right out of the box, with a dead shrimp for bait, and then managed to catch a puffer and catfish.

There were several dolphin trying to corral some dinner in the shallows bay where we were fishing, but they weren't pushing the fish far enough in to our location.

The rest of the time we were out on the river, neither of us caught another fish.

I guess that's why they call it fishing; not catching!



Here's a pic of the redfish just for the heck of it.

Tomorrow's another day!

Tight lines.

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: