Reds In October

Sunday, October 4, 2009

I'm happy to announce that the redfish are still cooperating in the Mosquito and Indian River Lagoons.

My wife and I hit the river again this evening with good results on her part.

I still can't seem to hold my mouth right. I've been jump fishing for trout with good success, but the redfish I usually pick up this time of year have eluded me.

My wife on the other hand, picked up another slot fish this evening using her tried and true, large, dead shrimp bait.
See the pics of the fish and the beautiful sunset.



We didn't get out until very late this afternoon, so the boat stayed in the driveway.

The jump fishing is pretty good this time of year, with the cooler weather moving the fish and the people around the preserve roads.

We saw a lot of vehicle traffic, and few keeper fish. The excessive weekend traffic usually puts them down a bit and the bite is slow, if you use artificial lures like I do.

The exception is dead cut bait, shrimp, or crab fished on the bottom.

As you can see my wife did it again!

Till next time, tight lines!

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: