Evening Redfish

Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday evening proved to be productive on the redfish front.

The evenings fishing excursion in the Merritt Island National Wildlife Preserve was something I was looking forward to.

After putting in a good bit of windshield time at work this past week, it was nice to chill out and get some quality fishing time in with my wife and wonder dog, Elmo.

I picked up a couple pounds of small, heads on, Canaveral shrimp from our local fishmonger and proceeded to some of our proven fishing spots.

As usual, I used my trusted top water plugs and jerk baits, but this evening I obviously wasn't holding my mouth right because the only fish I could dredge up was a medium sized ladyfish and one small trout that looked like he was starving to death.

My wife, on the other hand did quite well with a nice slot redfish that ate her shrimp and headed up river. The fish was gut hooked and even though we tried to release her unharmed, it wound up on the dinner table.


I didn't mind too much. I love blackened redfish.

Enjoy the pics, and here's hoping for a better Saturday evening trip.

Tight Lines!

1 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!:

Redfish Fishing said...

Great article. Such a lovely story.