The Mosquito Lagoon In December

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Mosquito Lagoon in December is a great time to catch a redfish or two if you practice stealth and persistence.   
                                                                  
     

The waters are literally crystal clear, even with the windy fishing conditions my wife and I experienced yesterday.


Bio Lab road that leads to Playalinda Beach was crowed with tourist traffic out to enjoy the day, and the fishing guides along with their clients, were peppering the shorelines looking for redfish and trout that where taking refuge underneath the floating grass mats.



The windy conditions didn't stop us from trying our luck, and as luck would have it, my second cast with a weedless gold red ripper, Nemire Spoon picked up a nice, just legal sized redfish.




We moved on to the Indian River Lagoon later in the afternoon, but the wind made any sort of sane fishing damn near impossible.

My wife picked up a stingray, missed a redfish, and landed a couple of redfish.
I picked up a couple of smaller trout on the same gold spoon and gave up relatively early.

I spent my time taking some pictures of the beautiful sunset and of both the lagoons.

                                                                                
Hope to get out again this week, but I picked up a killer ear infection that's making me, my wife  and my dog Elmo.

Till next time............
Tight Lines to all!

1 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!:

Anonymous said...

I found your site and have enjoyed it very much..I have been with my family during the holidays and have shared your adventures with them ..Keep up the excellent work we all now enjoy your adventures