Indian River Gator Trout

Monday, July 20, 2009

Well the Indian River gator trout are still hitting in the north part of the lagoon.

This one measured 29 plus inches long and weighed a ton. It was the largest gator trout I've picked up to date and hopefully it won't be the last!



This one took a gold and silver, Johnson Sprite spoon in about 12 inches of water, more or less.

My wife and I caught redfish in the same general area a few weeks ago, and when the trout hit, I thought it was another redfish!



The temperature was about 83 degrees and the water was totally flat. No wind whatsoever.



I won't tell you the exact area, but the fish was caught around Peacock Pocket in the marsh side of the unimproved road. The last time I gave out a favorite spot, my wife and I haven't been able to fish it since, without someone already being there.



Well guys its not like the fish pitch a tent at the same spot every day!

Anyway, hope you all enjoy the pics!
Till next time, tight lines!

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: