Port Canaveral Trip

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

After spending the entire morning at Health First in the Coco Beach Hospital getting an echo and stress test, I decided to take the long route home and check out the fishing at Port Canaveral.


I had my "river rods" with me but no lures so I didn't expect to do any serious fishing.

There were several fishermen and fisher ladies along the sea walls enjoying the afternoon air dunking shrimp and cut baits but nobody was catching anything but "sailors choice".



The buy below was doing the best out of his comfy chair.


After talking to a few people, I found that the tide was flat and just beginning to come in which is why nobody was filling their coolers.

Around the rocks in the shallows there were several schools of large mullet that I would have netted up for dinner if I had brought along my cast net.  (Click on pic below)


I took several pics of the bridge and locks and briefly tossed around a couple of baits before packing it in and heading for the house.  



I plan on getting out to the refuge later on in the afternoon to see if I could pick up a red or a big sea trout closed to dusk.

Till next time, Tight Lines.

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: