Boynton Beach Inlet

Monday, May 14, 2018

Had to make a trip to Dania this morning to pick up a few hundred pounds of Koi food for the Koi in our pond. They are being fed well to say the least, and have almost outgrown our 25 foot pond.

The rain, the wrecks, and the road construction along I-95 around Vero made the trip less than enjoyable, but even with these problems I made the trip in pretty good time.

When I got to my destination, my friend Johnny Cheung did his best to sell me some of his Koi but I came for food, not more fish.


He had some nice butterfly Koi in several sizes and grades so I took a few pics and a short video to show my wife.

As I left and headed back home, I decided to see if there was anything going on at the Boynton Beach Inlet.

The weather was better but when I got to the Inlet, it was obvious that it had been raining hard.  The waves were coming in and the surf was rough.


 There were only a few fishermen along the jetties and nobody I talked to was having any luck.

One guy who was tossing around a red and white hair jig said he caught and released a small barracuda and an under size snook, but the guys fishing bait didn't seem to be faring as well.

I was going to toss around a subsurface plug but after getting the crappy fishing report, I decided to get something to eat and head back home.

Before leaving, I took a few pics of the area and then headed out to I-95 to fight the traffic.

Hope to get out and wet a line tomorrow around Bio Lab road when I get finished working around the house.

Till next time,
Tight Lines.


0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: