IFA Redfish Tour In Titusville

Sunday, March 29, 2015

The IFA Redfish tour in Titusville occurred yesterday with the usual great turnout.

The registration was at Crackerjacks Tiki Bar and the weigh in was at their mobile facility at Parrish Park.

Because I was engaged in completing some much needed work at home, I didn't make the 3:00 pm weigh in at Parrish Park but I did manage to make a quick run around the area as they were closing down.



I left the house at around 7:00 pm armed with a couple of spinning rods and headed for a new spot in the Indian River where I've been catching reds and sea trout.

When I drove into the area, the air temperature was around 63 degrees and there was a slight breeze on the water.

I chose to pitch a gold spoon and a Chug Bug and started with a gold spoon to locate some fish.

After a couple of dozen casts, I managed to spook one redfish and missed two small sea trout.

I spotted a school of black drum pushing water in a trough near the bank but they weren't in the mood for eating.

As the sun started to drop down to the horizon, it started getting chilly and I decided to head for home.


As I passed Parrish Park, I noticed that most everyone had left the Redfish Tour area so I didn't bother driving around the lot.

I wondered if all the fishing pressure had anything to do with my lack of luck but decided that since I only fished for half an hour, it probably didn't make any difference.

Till next time, Tight Lines.

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: