The Reds Are Still Biting

Saturday, June 4, 2011

The reds are still biting in the Indian River Lagoon as this picture can attest to.

This one we couldn't keep even if we wanted to. It measured in at 32 inches with the tail "squished".

The sea trout I was really targeting today didn't pay much attention to what I was offering, but the redfish were eating just fine.

This one was taken by Karen on a frozen "red shrimp" we picked up at the local fish market. She fished it under a Cajun Thunder popper rig with a 5/0 Owner hook and about two feet of 15# fluorocarbon leader.

I almost didn't get any of these deep water shrimp because of their red color, but the price was right so I picked up a 10 pound bag to eat and for bait.

Evidently the redfish didn't care too much about the color.

I'll be putting down a pallet of sod tomorrow and if I survive, I plan to try again for a gator sea trout.

I guess that's why they call it fishing!

Till next time, Tight Lines.

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: