Another Cold Front

Saturday, February 12, 2011

By the time I finally made it home Friday, it was way to late to go fishing. Instead, my wife and I took a little trip over the newly constructed Max Brewer bridge to see if anyone was fishing or shrimping from the new pier or the bridge.

The restaurant at the fishing pier apparently was the place to be. There was live music playing and everyone seemed to be having a hell of a good time mixing it up.

There were a few shrimpers with lights dropped along the sea wall and pier but the shrimp didn't seem to be cooperating.

Several fishermen were catching small undersized sea trout and all the while I was there, nobody caught anything of any size.

The lack of catching certainly didn't have any affect on anyone's spirits. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

I had planned on getting into some serious fishing today but I had an appointment with Jackson Hewitt to go over my taxes. How I love April 15th!

Anyway, the weather today was in the low 50s for most of the day and the wind was blowing enough to attract a gaggle of wind surfers on the North side of SR 406. The wet suits they were wearing were appropriate attire today.

Anyway, we drove around Catfish Creek road and into Pump House Road on the other side of SR 406 to see if anyone was catching fish. There were a lot of people on the banks fishing, but no one was pulling in fish; at least when we were driving by.

It was getting late and the temperature was dropping, so we headed home.

With the option of going fishing or picking up groceries at Wal Mart; I chose stocking up on grub.

On the way back from the store, I stopped at the Municipal Marina to see what progress was being made on the new boat ramps and park areas.



Here are the pics along with one of a rat redfish I caught flipping a spoon into the grass flats along the Indian River. The red must have had a death wish. Anyway, I just couldn't leave a Saturday go by without catching something!

If the temperature gets decent tomorrow, I'll be out on the water at least for a little while to give you guys another report.

Till then, Tight Lines.

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: