Peacocks Pocket On A Cool Friday

Friday, October 29, 2010

Peacocks Pocket road was the target for Friday's fishing outing.

After a long drive home, I decided to get my wife and Elmo our wonder dog and check out the river to see if anything was happening.


We decided to hit Peacocks Pocket only because it was the closest to the house.

The weather has been cooling down and the water is becoming much more clear which is typical for November on the Space Coast.

There was a slight breeze coming in from the NW that put a little ripple on the marsh side of the road, so I opted to fish the Indian river.

I started blind casting a gold Johnson spoon with a red tag and after about 30 casts or so finally hooked and lost a nice slot sized sea trout.

Several casts later and I missed another fish that I believe was a trout.

My wife was fishing with her usual shrimp and Cajun Thunder bobber rig and got nothing but a couple of catfish.

Since we got to the river late, we decided to stay around the first stop until dusk hoping to catch a roving late afternoon redfish.

True to form, as the wind started to die down and just as I was taking pics of the beautiful scenery; Karen and I both spotted several redfish coming in very close to shore.

I took a short video of one that came cruising by only a few feet from the road before I put down the camera and picked up my rod.



I targeted several reds but they were not interested in my spoon, creme paddle tail swim bait, or my top water Chug Bug.

It was frustrating, because I saw them occasionally changing course to chase bait fish, yet they wouldn't hit any of my imitations.

I chalked up the lack of interest to the clear water conditions, but I sure would have given anything for a live finger mullet. Anyway, the scenery was beautiful as usual and the sunset sublime.

Till next time, Tight Lines!

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: