Indian River Lagoon Fishing - The Fishing Is Getting Better!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Late Friday, my wife and our wonder dog Elmo took me fishing on the Indian River near Peacocks Pocket.

The wind was blowing just enough to make fishing difficult but not enough to prevent anybody from trying their luck.

The unimproved road was crowded with fishermen trying to catch whatever they could catch.

My wife used her tried and proven dead shrimp, Cajun Thunder rig for redfish and I used a variety of soft baits trying to get a trout or two to bite.

After fishing only about 15 minutes, I picked up a nice keeper trout on a Mann's soft bodied lure that resembles a small mud minnow.

I missed several more trout and because of the wind, decided to trade my spinning reel for my Nikon Cool Pix 8700 camera and take some pics of the beautiful birds in the area.

There were white pelicans, roseatte spoonbills, storks, all kinds of ducks, herons, and egrets all over the place feeding and just having a great time in the shallow marsh area.

Some of the pics are here for your enjoyment.



My wife gave up fishing at her favorite spot, when a 10 foot alligator decided to check out what she was doing.



For some reason the redfish were not in the same area that she caught her red in last week, so after an hour or so without any action, we decided to call it a day.

I hope I never get used to the scenery in the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge.

Till next time,

Tight Lines!

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: