Black Point Wildlife Drive Birdwatching

Sunday, January 3, 2010

The weekend has been a bit too cold for my wife to do any serious fishing, so since it was the last couple of days for my annual vacation, we decided to do some bird watching in the Black Point
Wildlife Preserve.



I packed up my camera, my wife, and our wonder dog Elmo for a little fresh air.

The birdlife was decent for this time of year and I took some pics that I have posted here for your enjoyment.

A little bit of action occurred when someone left the unimproved road and wound up almost in the drink!




The EMS, fire truck and KSC officers temporarily closed off the drive until the problem was taken care of. It's nice to know that help is close, especially if someone would have had a severe medical problem.

Anyway, the weather was brisk, but it didn't deter visitors from all over the U.S.

We were surprised to see bird watchers carrying their photographic equipment from Canada,Alaska,Vermont,Louisiana,etc.



The drive was unexpectedly crowded for this time of year, and I realized that what we locals take for granted, others from around the United States find remarkable.



Hope you all enjoy the pics.

Tight Lines To all of you and we sincerely wish all of you a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: