Ladyfish Outing

Saturday, September 10, 2022

After dealing with doctors all week, I finally got a chance to get out and wet a line in the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge. 


Because of thunderstorms in the area, my wife Karen didn't want me to leave the house, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to catch a tarpon or ladyfish in the "swamp".

I had planned to run Bio Lab road but the rains were upon me, so I headed for the closest body of water in the area which just happened to be East Gator Creek in the refuge.

They have been working on repairing Peacocks Pocket Road so the entrance of it and Catfish Creek Loop are blocked by heavy road grading equipment and literally tons of road gravel.

I entered the work entrance as the rain started and began casting a topwater bait around the area.  

I had several light hits before finally hooking up with a small ladyfish that was not much larger than the Chug Bug that I was using.


I hooked and lost two more fish on the same bait before the lightning started.

I like fishing before and after a thunderstorm but common sense prevailed and I decided to hit the car and head for home when the lighting got closer.


I was the only angler in the area during the time I was fishing in the refuge.

I took a few pics of the area before heading home to get some dinner.

Might get out tomorrow if I get a chance

Till next time, Tight Lines.
 


0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: