October Reds

Friday, October 22, 2021

Getting October Reds on topwater baits is normally an early morning endeavor, but this evening I managed to hit one on an XPS Slim Dog bait that I picked up from Bass Pro a couple of weeks ago.


The one in the pic below was caught in the Indian River at the culverts near the entrance of Catfish Creek Loop.



The slot fish had on it's  beautiful fall colors and was so pretty I released it to fight another day.

The scouting trip started late in the afternoon and after missing several fish on gold Johnson Spoons, I switched over to a topwater, smeared it up with some Pro-Cure Inshore formula gel, and started catching instead of just fishing.

I'd like to say I caught several more reds but the only other fish I managed to land was a couple of undersize sea trout.

Have to get back to work again next week so until next time, Tight Lines. 

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: