Pomps Are In The Surf

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Finally, the Pomps are in the surf in good numbers.    


Although I tried wetting my lines in Playalinda before I headed back to work in Mobile, Al., the water temperatures and conditions in the surf made pompano fishing a hit or miss situation.  And, for me it was more of a miss.

A neighbor of mine said sent me an email and said that the larger schools of Pomps are in the surf again which he attributes to the most recent cold fronts.

I'll be on vacation around Christmas and can't wait to do some productive surf fishing for a change.


If the pic he sent above is any indication, we might need more freezer space.

He said they caught most of the keepers on an incoming tide with sand fleas he had salted down and a couple of different flavors of fishbites .

Till next time,
Tight Lines

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: