SpaceX Launched Four Astronauts Tonight

Sunday, November 15, 2020

SpaceX launched four astronauts to the International Space Station this evening without a hitch.

I left the house around 4:30 pm this afternoon to fish for tarpon in the Patillo Creek area but when I crossed the bridge and saw all the police in the area, I remembered that a Space X launch was going to occur this evening.

I asked the police officers who were blocking the entrance to the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge if I could sneak by so I could fish Patillo Creek, but the guy was obviously not a fisherman and gave me a firm NO.

He turned me and all the other cars behind me around so I decided to put up my gear and watch the launch.

Unfortunately, the launch was around 7:30 pm so I had some time to kill.

The causeway was packed with cars and people but I managed to squeeze into an area.    I made sure my cell phone was fully charged and walked to bridge to get my exercise for the day.



I took some pics of the area as well as the beautiful sunset and parked my butt about half way down the bridge along the railing.


The Titusville Police Department limited traffic on the bridge for the launch and kept everyone occupied by playing tunes over the loudspeaker as they went back and forth over the bridge.

The liftoff was on Pad 39A and it went off without a hitch.  

The Dragon capsule with it's crew of four astronauts were headed to the Space Station with the cheers of everyone who watched the launch below.










The Titusville Police Dept need to learn more about traffic management.  It took almost 45 minutes to get back over the bridge and head back home.

Hopefully, I'll get to try out the tarpon fishing this coming week.

Till next time,
Tight Lines.

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: