Topwater Snook In The Creeks

Saturday, August 4, 2018

Got a late start today but after cleaning up my somewhat neglected Maverick flats boat and doing some work around the house, I got out for some topwater snook action in the creeks.


The snook are anywhere there is fresh water entering the lagoon system and they are eager to eat.

Because it was late in the afternoon, I only brought one rod tipped with a Chug Bug.  The temperature was cooling down a bit so I decided to hit one of the "secret" creeks I like to fish in the refuge along the Volusia County line.

To make a long story short, I managed three snook in a feeder creek near an open culvert in about an hour's time.

Not bad for a late start...

Only got one video of the action, below:


Hope to get out again tomorrow before going back to work again.

Tight Lines and bent rods.

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: