Odie vs Turtle

Saturday, December 23, 2017

The morning, with fishing rod in hand, it was Odie vs Turtle on the front porch of our house.

A soft shell turtle visited us sometime during the night and was discovered by Karen at the screened entrance to our pool.

The poor guy was upside down and at first we thought it was dead until I turned it over and it showed it's true colors.

I was going to put it in our pond but I didn't want to take the chance of having one of our Koi killed so I decided to release it in Fox Lake, a bit up the road from our house.

On the front porch, Odie decided to investigate so I took a short video of his antics.


I often see these guys when I fish the marsh canals, but this is the first time one ever visited us.

I have no idea why the thing was upside down on it's back when Karen found it, but she thought a racoon might have tried to get at it.  Who knows.

Anyway, I plan to hit either the beach or Haulover Canal this afternoon to see about catching either a Pompano or redfish.

Till next time,
Tight Lines, bent rods, and Merry Christmas.

0 Please SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS HERE!: